This comprehensive online course will help you develop the skills to lay out and cut dovetails like a pro, with time-tested techniques that maximize efficiency and ensure gap-free, attractive joints.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- Why the joint is so effective
- Exercises for sawing and paring by hand
- Layout tips: what marks you need and what you don’t
- Two methods for cutting dovetails (pins first or tails first) and when to use each one
- Where and how to incorporate power tools and machines for accuracy and efficiency
- Tips for fitting and troubleshooting the joint
- PLUS How to fix common mistakes
Instructor Bob Van Dyke gives you the confidence to lay out and cut any dovetail joint without hesitation. Equipped with the fundamental skills, you can then begin to add your own flair, creating different joinery designs for whatever you’re making.
PLUS ADDITIONAL ON-DEMAND COURSES:
- Roland Johnson's Getting the Most from Your Router
- Roland Johnson's Getting the Most from Your Bandsaw
- Roland Johnson's Getting the Most from Your Tablesaw
- Roland Johnson's Getting the Most from Your Jointer & Planer